Thursday, January 11, 2007

Open 1 hour! and my top 5 favorite restaurants in Amman

In direct contrast to the open 25 hours people, I've discovered that there is a restaurant that is open 1 hour. I was driving between the first and second circles when I saw a banner for a Chinese Restaurant (no not Abu-Khalil's, which is my favorite). It indicated that they were pleased to announce that they were open open from 11 am - 12 pm. Granted 12 pm seems like it SHOULD be at night, but it is, in point of fact, noon. So, this fine establishment is open from 11 to noon... one whole hour. In the US, most restaurants and shops avoid this by saying they are open from 11am to midnight or noon to 11 pm. Saves the confusion on everyone's part since the am/pm with the 12 is counterintuitive. Of course, I'm certain that the restaurant means from 11 to midnight since I ate there at 7pm one day. I wasn't excited about the food, having already established my favorite dishes at Restaurant China, but the atmosphere was quite nice and the food was good. Now, I think I'll go ahead and drop in my Top 5 (okay, I haven't eaten at a whole world of restaurants, but still...)

5. Restaurant China
4. Vinaigrette
3. Osra
2. La Bruschetta
1. 282

Now if I could only get El 3atal to take me to them more often :).

Happy dining, from 11 am - 12pm!

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mama Bean,
Thanks for your restaurant recommendations. I'm always on the lookout for great restaurants-- preferably family-owned, not chains. Can you tell me what neighborhood each of these are in?

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Happy to help! I'll also provide a money guide...

Restaurant China: Near First Circle off Sharia Rainbow near Redemeer Church, $$ (Chinese cuisine)

Vinaigrette: Shmeisani in Howard Johnson's, $$/$$$ (Sushi, Salads, Sandwiches)

Osra: Abdun a couple of large blocks from the American Embassy, $ (Hummus, Foul, etc.)

La Bruschetta: Abdun between Abdun Mall and Salad House, $$/$$$ (Pizza, Salads, General Entrees)

282: Shmeisani, in Le Meridien, $$$/$$$$ (Steaks, Seafood, etc. very fancy chop house, but jeans are fine)

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Moey said...

I Like La Bruschetta, good choice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home