Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Deteriorating Driving Skills

As I was driving along today, I realized a very disturbing thing. I was watching the guy in front of me wandering along the middle of the lane with the line immediately under the center of his car to avoid a guy walking on the side of the road. Suddenly I realized that I was in exactly the same position. It's not an unusual one, by any stretch of the imagination, but the thing that struck me about it is that I had not checked my mirrors before moving over to the middle. I just drifted in the same way as the guy in front of me (and every other person). How scary is that! Oh, and although I never did in the US, I spend alot of time talking to (read that shouting at) other drivers. ButterBean constantly reminds me, "Mommy, it isn't nice to call him an idiot." From the mouths of babes comes the wisdom of ages. And so, perhaps I should have a prayer session before I start the car each time, Lord give me the patience to graciously accept crazy driving and the silence to hush about it already...

Happy weaving!

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh the beauty of driving in Amman, it's priceless! Compared to the boring, law abiding, rule following drivers in the US

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

yeaaaa...i miss driving in Aman:( Action movie every single time! good luck:)

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MommaBean you have inspired me again!!And made me laugh, as usual.

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

It is always an adventure. Kinzi, glad I could give you a laugh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home