Thursday, September 17, 2009

Note to Bloggers: Upgrade Your Skills

Apparently, we're not doing well enough, teehee. US AID and the Centre Defending Freedom for Journalists have created a manual to help us blog better. I read about it today in the Jordan Times. I have to admit that while I'm not trying for the hard-hitting events-and-news type blog, I welcome all the tips I can get. Unfortunately, the article failed to mention where the guidelines can be acquired or who to contact for more information. And if you've ever tried to get information from US AID or one of its programs, you'll know that it's a black hole bigger than I'm willing to surf, teehee. Great programs but Jordan makes it hard to find information. Like having an article on a manual written to help bloggers and then not telling people where to find it. Alas, maybe that's one of the things in the manual. They made mention of the manual discussing balance and I find myself hoping some of the more traditional papers and magazines take a gander at them as well. Recent controversies remind us that balance is important and sometimes hardest for us to see when we fall short.

The actual premise of the manual is helping Jordanian bloggers move beyond opinion/event writers into actual news writers. I guess that means they don't consider playground antics and dog poop news. Who knew? Hahaha! Kinzi, they've got our number for sure.

Happy Improvements!

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM , Anonymous kinzi said...

MommaBean, I thought the same thing when I read this!! ;)

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home