Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Hate to Say I Told You So, But... Scanner Pictures Show Up on Internet

So, I hate say it... Really, I hate it when I'm right. Today I came across this article buried on msn.com. Some of you may recall back in November I penned an article about America's McTravel options... In the article I warned that our options were full-bodies on the internet or strip searches. I suspect some of you out there thought I was being alarmist. Unfortunately it appears that not only was I not being alarmist but is wasn't even against the law for TSA agents to put our images on the internet!

Seriously, you wait until a sheriff's office that has similar scanners in place has issues with images on the internet? Really? THEN you put the law in place. I really hate it when I'm right.

Happy Personal Privacy (Oh, Wait, No....)!

5 Comments:

At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Qwaider قويدر said...

Luckily, in the US people are allowed to opt-out and get pat downs. I took that option and was delayed. But I practiced my right no to publically humiliated

You're not an alarmist. Many people are opting out. In fact most people are opting out these days.

At the least, it's an extra dose of unnecessary radiation to be added to the insane dose you already get during your flight

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Q, I'm not sure the strip search over clothes is an improvement? I'm glad to hear more and more people are opting out. Hopefully they'll get the concept that this is just plain wrong...

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger J_Abdo said...

When these scanners came out, my position has been that there won't be anything done about it until a pic of a Congressman (used in an election ad??) or celebrity ends up all over the internet and causes some real or imagined harm or embarrassment. :)

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

J, I agree. Thanks, but no thanks.

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger PicklePits said...

I'll be honest and admit that I'm one of those McTravellers who really never cared. I appreciate your perspective and your willingness to share it.

Part of my post tomorrow is for you in hopes that more will stop over to see the other side of the coin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home