Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Is El 3atal a Mr. Snuffleupagus? Thoughts on the Invisible Man

Okay, I recognize that the title line of the post may require some explanation. It's an American Sesame Street reference and with your loveable, unique, and altogether fun version here, you missed out on this character. I'm putting a link to Mr. Snuffleupagus' (aka Snuffy) Wikipedia Page here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloysius_Snuffleupagus. Basically, when I was a child, Snuffy was Big Bird's best friend. The only problem was that no one else besides Big Bird and the audience ever saw him. There were many near misses (Snuffy ran in a marathon with the other charachters, but finished so far behind everyone else that they all missed him once again). And, the adults never actually believed that Snuffy was real. They thought he was Big Bird's imaginary friend. So what, you may ask, does that have to do with El 3atal?

Since we moved to Jordan, I have attended two gatherings of the women bloggers of Jordan Planet. I also bumped into several of the ladies again at the ICT forum. And, yet El 3atal has yet to be seen by anyone. Kinzi and I made plans to get Little Kinzi and ButterBean together. I thought, ah at last Kinzi can meet El 3atal. And then, El 3atal scheduled a short trip out of town. Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I told him that soon the JP ladies are going to think he's my imaginary husband. It's like Mr. Snuffleupagus who's never seen except by Big Bird and the kids. Everyone will begin to think that I actually write both blogs :). So, soon, I'm going to force El 3atal by stealth and quickness to meet the JP ladies. Keep your eyes peeled ladies, I promise he DOES exist!

Happy searching!

5 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had thought if inventing an invisible husband! That would solve a lot of my problems with the guys...

 
At 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud to Welcome you to Qwaider planet

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Rebecca, I'm saying! You just weren't as clever as I was. In fact, with new people you meet, invent some kids as well :). That way you can avoid all of the questions, teehee.

Qwaider, man, I am totally honored. Thanks, I enjoy your posts and comments even when I disagree...

 
At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you guys, you have cookies and so on.. and I get nothing, you know I lived on cookies for a while, and donuts, bacon for a while. weird mix eh?

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Man, I've lived on worse (like Ramen Noodles). The next time we make cookies, I promise you'll be invited Moey. Did anyone tell you that one of the cookies actually had super-cool hair just like yours?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home