Friday, January 25, 2008

Coming soon to Jordan? Pink Buses

Someone sent me a link to this interesting article about ladies only buses in Mexico City. When is Jordan going to get this idea. Aside from the obvious benefits (no fear of harassment, etc.) it has some aromatic benefits as well. Each time I see the overcrowded buses in the middle of the summer and think how awful the stench must be. And, I imagine the poor ladies crushed into that mass of humanity. So, I have to say, I vote for pink buses and pink services... Read about it!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080125/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_women_only_buses

Happy smelling salts!

4 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

A great article. lol, that would server the troublesome men right. I believe that the solution is not in separating the sexes, but cleaning these dirty minds.

 
At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think that all women smell nice and all men smell bad!?
:(
Me no smell!

But you know, Although I'm against such things, I believe it will have so many supporters in the Jordanian society just because it's anoter layer of separation between the sexes. First it was separate weddings, then restaurants, next busses, and in the future, families too!
This is turning into KSA!

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Moey said...

I smell good!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Lulu, while I agree, I imaginewe likely need some interim solutions.

Qwaider and Moey, I assure you I was not casting aspersions on your relative odorifousness. I'm sure that both of your bathe regularly, wear deodorant, and wash your clothes with nice strong detergent. Unfortunately most of the, ahem gentlemen, who come and perform labor in my home and offie seem to provide quite the stink... (as Helper Bean so mildly puts it "stinky man smell"). I also suspect you aren't the target market (as I'm not) for the buses that run through Amman.

And, Q, typically I'd agree that less separation of the sexes is better, but not when it means that women are harassed (either physically or aromatically) :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home