Saturday, April 18, 2009

Celebration of Motherhood: Five Things I Love Best

So, a virtual friend from outside Jordan asked if I'd like to do this tag. Since it was a request, not a tag you're it, I took a look. It is a great idea and I love the inspiration, so here's the background.


I've been tagged by my friend Kate based on the original post at Her Bad Mother. So the rules are: Share 5 things that you love (or maybe what you don't so much love - this playground doesn't force conformity) about being a mom, and then tag a few more bloggers from your own country and from other countries, and so on. So, the five things I love:
  1. Fresh perspective: The Beans ask such intriguing questions that don't always have answers. They want to know the hows and whys of everything. They look at things that are beyond common to me with a fresh set of eyes and a new viewpoint and come up with insightful queries about them.

  2. Cute witticisms and mistaken words: JujuBean is the best at this. Recently we were having a conversation about a new song they learned in school. All you Americans out there know this one. It starts like this (according to JujuBean). In a cabbage in a wood, little old man by the window stood... That's right, there was actually a man IN a cabbage in her version. No amount of insistence from MommaBean convinced her that it was, in fact, a cabin... (She is also convinced that those pretty dangly things girls have on their wrists are cracelets...)

  3. The happy sound of three Beans playing amongst themselves. I grew up in house with just me and my brother. We were both pretty quiet. I have honestly been surprised by the amount of noise three little people can make when they're HAPPY.

  4. The love between brother and sister and sister and sister. Their love for each other is so sweet and palpable.

  5. Sticky, syrupy hugs and wet slobbery kisses...

That's my top five. I invite anyone who would enjoy it to do this one, but particularly Kinzi, Umm Farouq, Sam, and 7aki Fadi.

Happy Mommy Moments!

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Ibn Awa said...

no i'm not listing 5, but here's the link i promised you regarding the american debate:http://abumuqawama.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-neoconservatives-got-right.html

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Sam said...

nice tag...:)

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger kate said...

Very nice! I love the witticisms and words thing, too. And I just hope that someday I can hear the happy sounds of my three playing together-- right now the older two have some of those moments, but there's lots of not-so-happy playing together as well. Oh well. Thanks for doing this!

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger NasEr said...

ohhhhhhh
"like in sitcoms" :p

 
At 3:48 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ibn Awa, thanks for stopping in.

Sam, I hope you'll enjoy doing it ;).

Kate, thanks for the great idea.

NasEr, my household is JUST like sitcoms (you know that one with the crazy American living overseas with her three kids who get comments from the neighbors about howe loud they are, and...). Oh wait there isn't a sitcom like that is there? Teehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home