Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm in! I'm in! (Patience Rewarded)

Well, first I'd like to thank the kind, hardworking folks at Jordan Planet. It is such an honor to be counted among the ranks of those bloggers I read and enjoy. They challenge my mind and my perceptions. I'd also like to thank all of you who have encouraged me during my journey to this point. For those of you who are joining me for the first time, welcome! I'm going to do introductions since I'm newly on JP and I'd hate for anyone to have to go back and find my first blog ;). Of course, after reading my blog, I'm sure you'll want to run back and see all of my previous posts, but...

Hi, I'm MommaBean. I moved to Jordan in April of this year with my dear husband El 3atal. We have three little beans, whom he talks about a great deal and who are the joy of my life. This blog serves several purposes. The first is that it helps me establish my thoughts by putting them on paper and thinking them through. Second, it helps my family abroad keep up with what's going on and what life in Jordan is like. I make no apologies at any point that my observations are those of someone raised in the US. I recognize that I see the world as an American, for all of the good and bad that may imply. However, I love Jordan and especially the people here. The society and culture of my new home are beautiful. Oh, and the breathtaking scenery here is also something. So, thank you for the chance to be a citizen of Jordan Planet and I hope each of you will visit often and make yourselves at home. Come, be my guest!

Happy reading!

7 Comments:

At 12:32 AM , Blogger Rambling Hal said...

Welcome! To Jordan AND to Jordan Planet. You are greeted with open arms! ;)

 
At 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a place to officially say: WELCOME!!! Can't wait to get the perspective of another American Mommy blogger. Khalidah is going to make me one too!

 
At 2:15 AM , Blogger قمر said...

Welcome! I'm not a member of JP but I'm a regular reader :)

 
At 2:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and Welcome Aboard :)

 
At 4:30 AM , Blogger PALFORCE said...

Welcome to JP.

From Alabama eh? hhmmmm?
I know of few people who moved back to Amman from Birmingham, are you one of them?

Salam

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Lina said...

welcome aboard :) I'm so glad you're in... keep on blogging!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Hal, thanks for both welcomes I'm glad to be part of both!

Kinzi, welcome as always. Any recommendations on a good OB/GYN? I'm several months late for my annual checkup :(.

Anonima, thanks for your greeting. JP or not, I'm gald you're reading and look forward to your comments.

Bakkouz, my inspiration, welcome and thanks.

Palforce, although I'm from Alabama, we moved from Louisiana, so it must be yet another person coming from Alabama to Amman. I need to meet them :). Wait, maybe I already did, teehee.

Lina, thanks. I'm glad to be in and hope to live up to the very high standards you all are setting.

All, thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the support. It really does mean alot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home