Thursday, January 25, 2007

Speaking of sights I never expected to see in Amman...

Okay, so last year I talked about seeing unlikely things in Amman vis-a-vis bagpipers. But, today's sight far surpasses that in the surreal category. As I got home and was taking the kids out of the car, I looked over to my gate where I heard voices. A girl (maybe 10 years old) and her maid were out taking a walk with their monkey. Screech! Warning whiplash from spinning double take imminent! On the second look, I discovered that indeed it really WAS a monkey. Now, if this isn't quite surreal enough for you, the monkey was clutching a little yellow rubber ducky. I was stunned and in my stupor watched this unlikely (okay, I admit it unbelievable) trip go on down the block and around the corner. And, in case you're wondering where my trusty camera phone was, it was safely in my pocket until they had gone too far to get them in a shot...

Happy zooing!

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People and kids used to follow us around as I used to walk my dog (Jimmy at that time) While my fried Yousef, used to walk with us with his monkey (As3ad)...
Don't we just love freaks!!? :)

 
At 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm imagining the shock of that househelper when she discovered she was in charge of monkey-care as well as child-care

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Qwaider, aren't we all freaks in one way or another? And, yes I certainly do love them.

Kinzi, No question she was likely shocked. But, at least it's a cute monkey... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home