Thursday, September 06, 2007

Which is better, transporting the livestock in the trunk or the back seat?

This is just the challenge facing someone on the way to work today. On a small crowded street with no actual room to maneuver around other cars, I was held up by a couple of men making changes in their livestock transport methods. But, perhaps I'm not being specific enough. I was stopped, waiting and watching two guys remove one (of two) sheep from the trunk of their very small car and move it into the back seat! Admittedly, it sounds odd, it was in actual fact rather surreal. And to think I saw it on Mulberry Street! Seriously, the funny thing is that I finally got around them and went on my way. I parked and was walking beside the street when I started to hear "maaaaaah!" I realized that it was the very same car. Apparently the sheep left behind in the trunk was jealous. And, I ask you, how was I to answer when ButterBean saw the sheep and asked what they were doing? It forced a discussion earlier than I would have preferred about people eating meat... Ah well, at least it gave me moment's confusion (is that REALLY a sheep) and a moment's laugh (Maaaah indeed!).

Happy livestock transportation!

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maaaah,hahaaa.

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger Qabbani said...

:D ,you know as i worked with sheep a lot , i can tell u the sound is

Baaaa , more than Maaaah :D :D

and al baladi one is wayy much TENE?u and Hurt if u catch wrong leg

first time here :) nice blog

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Qabbani, too funny. I was being culturally sensitive (in English, sheep say Baaaa, you know Baa Baa Black Sheep and all). I'm glad you visited (welcome!) and hope you will continue to enjoy my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home