Friday, November 16, 2007

My First Crush... I Got Tagged.

So I weaved, bobbed, hid, and STILL Kinzi got me with this one :). So, I will happily tell you about my first crush, with one caveat. You all have to promise not to tell El 3atal. I've never told him about this, teehee. My first crush ever started in the first grade. It was on a very cute little boy named Erin. He was blond with freckles and a cowlick in the front. You know, he's sorta a male me... How funny is that? He was so cute and the crush was rather mutual. Until the fateful day. That awful day that my Mom decided I'd look good with a Dorothy Hamil haircut.



The haircut definitely negatively impacted my life. Now, you have to understand I was going from hair down to my waist or so to this... It was quite a shock to the system. And, I lost the object of my mostly mutual affection :(. Of course, it had to be so. Otherwise, I wouldn't have met El 3atal many years later. And, he is SO much better a match for me. So, sorry Erin, but it wasn't meant to be.

Happy crushes!

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Dorothy Hamill haircut...the fashion fad of the mid-70's. It could be worse; you could have had a Farrah Fawcett haircut.

 
At 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE!!! Yea, gotcha!!

I did the long hair to Dorothy cut too! I bet it was darling and perky and MUCH easier to care for, Erin didn't know what he was missing!

Watch it Dave, you weren't even BORN then! The Farrah cut is the only one in my LIFE that works like a breeze on my hair.

 
At 4:23 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

And at least the Farah cut wouldn't have involved cutting all my hair off! WAAAAHHHHH! And surely Dave was born then. I was and I think he and I must be in the same range, no? I have VERY fond memories of Charlie's Angels and that fab cut with all those lovely feathers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home