Sunday, January 27, 2008

Now I see through a glass darkly...

Driving through the fog this morning, this Bible verse popped into my mind as somehow appropriate to the situation. It was really, really foggy at home. I mean pea-soup kind of thickness. And, yet, never fear. The cabbies still wanted to live life on the wild side. I only saw one cabbie with any kind of lights on. People, when there's fog out, TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS! If you don't have fog lights, use your regular lights. If you do have fog lights, use BOTH. However, don't use your brights in the fog (ever) as they only reflect off of the moisture particles and obscure more.

But again, it made me think of that Biblical description of how now I see through a glass darkly, but then (when I've gone home with Jesus), I'll see plain. And, going from home to the office heps illustrate that to my mind. At home, the fog was so thick that I could hardly see two feet in front of my car. But, by the time I got down to the office, the fog is up at about the 6th floor of buildings, so it's fine. And, like this experience, I have a sense that as we continue seeking and listening to God in our hearts, we understand more and more until finally, it becomes totally clear. So, anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the bumper-car fog this morning and here's wishing you...

Happy clarity!

3 Comments:

At 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, both practical and spiritual advice from sage MommaBean.

Great analogy. The difference between seeing darkly and clearly was distance...some areas of life are foggier than others, causing us to go more slowly, be more contemplative, more aware.

Good food for thought!

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Kinzi, exactly where my mind was this morning. An doesn't emotional distance often make things clearer? Hmm...

 
At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! Emotional distance...now that is just a whole new tangent to contemplate! Hhmmmm-ing with you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home