Friday, July 25, 2008

Days Off for HelperBean, Isn't She Cute?

So, since HelperBean joined us, we've been trying to get her to take days off. When she first came, we wanted her to take them at home (not going out) as she really didn't have friends that went out and we worried about her getting into tight spots out alone speaking no Arabic. Finally, we've achieved success. She has started taking Fridays off (at least that's what she says). For the past month, she's been leaving the house at 1:00 and coming back by about 7:00. Now, for me, that's more like 1/2 day off but she seems happy with it. So, this week she mentioned that she'd like to go to church, but church is at noon. I was, quite frankly, confused as to the issue. So, yesterday I did what I've found it's best to and just outright asked her. HelperBean, would you like to go to church? She said yes. So, of course I said, then go. That's no problem at all. I think she was worried that because it was before lunch time, it would be an issue. I'm glad we got beyond that. Not only did she go, but he got her good friend next door (who doesn't get days off) permission to go with her. So, the three friends met at 11:45 to head to church. So sweet :). And now they're off to have some fun at the mall. But, let me tell you what's really funny...

Before she left today, she made lunch for the Beans and put it onto plates (I know, I know). But, what's really funny is that as I was cleaning up I realized she made their lunches on paper plates so that I wouldn't have to wash them. How cute is that?! Admittedly the kids LOVE the Zoo Pals paper plates that we bought in the US (yes, I actually brought back paper plates) and see this as a nice treat. So, here I am enjoying the fact that cleanup is nothing more than tossing paper plates in the trash and thinking that HelperBean is just as awesome as I've always known. Allow me to say, Thank You God for our wonderful HelperBean.

Happy Awesomeness!

3 Comments:

At 6:09 AM , Blogger NasEr said...

i never readlly read this kind of blogs they never interested me ,but this one is so charming :DDDDDD
any you do use the word "awesomeness" so thats awesome :D

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

MashAllah, I also noticed that your helper reminds and corrects the kids to say their pleases and thank yous and is not only watching their physical being but their social/mental beings. MashAllah. She is a treasure.

 
At 5:35 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Naser, As I mentioned on my other post, you are truly most welcome. Here we give silly glimpses into our everyday lives.

Nicole, indeed, HelperBean is a blessing in so many ways. It's funny that the things you mentioned were things we had to teach her to do. Not because she doesn't know how, but because she was clearly advised never to discipline the kids. She is definitely a treasure beyond gold.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home