Sunday, November 29, 2009

On vacation... Eid Blessings

So, in the midst of 1000 things that have been overwhelming me (you know school, work, kids school, kids homework, my homework, etc.), we decided to take a short break to Dubai for the Eid. I have to say, this is the first thing that has actually felt like a vacation to me in years... Literally.

We have been swimming at the beach, seen the aquarium, saw fountain light show, saw the Disney Princesses!, spent the day in the park. You name it, we've done it... Later today, we'll be taking the kids to observe skiing indoors. The kinds of things one can only do in malls in Dubai. It's something else. And, so for someone who hasn't been a fan of Dubai in the past, I'm a believer now. The park alone was enough to convince me...

Tomorrow it's back to reality with its homework that has yet to be done for Tuesday and rush, rush, rush. By I must say thank you for this moment in time, Lord. I needed the reenergizing, the renewal, the refreshing of spirit. I hope each of you as been as blessed on this Eid al-Adha as I have been...

Happy Eid holiday!

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Anonymous kinzi said...

Very encouraging post, MommaBean. Glad to hear it and prayed for you in the rush of return!!

We had a lovely, relaxing Eid (and continuing Thanksgiving). Except for the leak issue, bas hayk.

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely break and refreshing way to prepare for the end of the semester. (Although your kids hardly have to worry about exams, yet.) I hope you are fully rejuvenated now!

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Kinzi, Read about those silly pipes. Yuck. Glad your Eid was nice and quiet.

Nicole, it was lovely. Sadly, they have exams and the Arabic one is particularly hard :(. Happily this calendar year ends with English and Arabic comes after the Christmas break, so the school was nice to me giving me the easy one when I'm too busy to focus :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home