Monday, January 04, 2010

Full Body Scans, My Vision of This Future

So, I was reading an artice about full body scans, which the PM of Britain has called for pervasive use of. Now, it's clear to me that the Americans who are similarly trying to push through the use of this have not really thought about the future and the American public. Imagine this with me...

An overweight woman goes through one of the full body scanners. She is cleared and continues merrily on her way. In the back, the poorly paid, undertrained, young TSA agents make cracks about her size. Someone, being cute, captures it on videotape and sends it to their 5 closest friends. The video becomes the latest viral craze on the internet. The woman who was being scanned (and 500 who have the same body shape) sue the TSA, the Federal Government, and the TSA workers for mental stress and damage due to the embarassment.

Surely TSA hasn't thought this one through. Me, I see this future quite clearly. I'm already feeling sorry for the woman and for TSA. But, I expect this future to be the future soon. As for me and my so far from 36-26-36 body, I'll be declining. Pat if you want, but my shape is for me, not TSA...

Happy virtual strip searches!

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger abu 'n um tulip said...

Well put, except for the "poorly paid" part. I highly doubt that. These are government workers.

Abu Tulip

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Perhaps it's a matter of perspective. Government employees are typically paid less for their skills than the open market, but have pretty much guaranteed job safety ;).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home