Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sitting is prohibited?

So we were at an area mall the other day. El 3atal was in the Nokia store checking out their wares. The beans and I were tired (and bored), so we sat down to wait. Just a few minutes into our wait, a young mall with a mall security t-shirt came and told us that it was memnuah (forbidden) . I have to admit given how tired I was that I wasn't particularly nice when I asked him then where are the benches. You see, we were sitting in a very large open lobby. And there were no benches, chairs, or seats of any kind. The oh-so-helpful (yes this is sarcasm) young man indicated that they were upstairs. This is the kind of stuff that encourages customers to go elsewhere. You have no seating and then actually tell people they can't sit on the floor? After all, not only is the customer not right, they're not really that important, right?

Happy sitting!

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there!

 
At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

just bring a seat with you next time :-)

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ha! Next time I'll feign an inability to understand Arabic :). If he can't say it in English, I don't have to listen, right? I should use the ugly American perception to my benefit once in awhile, teehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home