Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Evolution of Little People



Okay, so it seems that many of today's parents don't realize how significant the evolution of Fisher Price's Little People has been. As a result, I decided to post about this. I was at the kids' nursery and saw some Little People a-la my childhood and decided to share. So, got out my trusty camera and here they are. Who doesn't remember these little guys? And the black and white dog with the pointy ears? And the barn that moos when you open the door? Okay, so there's the blast from the past. For those non-parents out there, you may be wondering about the evolution part of the equation. Well, as all parents know, Little people mate at night and double or even treble in number. So, I grabbed a few of my thousands and grabbed a shot of a boy and girl (like the above) to show the Little People of the now generation.
Nowadays the Little People have personalities (developed through movies) and names (this is Eddie and Maggie, by the way). They've come a long way, clearly, but is it progress?
Happy Little People!

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea! How do they "drive" their orange car now, without having the oddly shaped bottoms?

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Sam said...

they ARE so much cuter now! but be careful not to step on one barefoot, it kills!

 
At 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUN! At least they aren't choking hazards now.

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Me said...

Wow..thanks for sharing!
i have not been around those little people for ages!! they do look cute now with personalities.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Emily, they still have a unique bottom (just bigger and easier for little hands to maneuver). They have their own little cars these days (and tow trucks, and airplanes, and buses).

Sam, stepping on them is a problem (especially since they multiply like rabbits overnight).

Kinzi, my sentiments exactly. The new Little People are single piece too big for the mouth, don't I love them!

Summer, they have personality plus these days... I love the movies and their theme song is great (done by Aaron Neville for those who may know him).

 
At 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the old little people. The new ones leave less to the imagination. As for the choking hazard, I never choaked on the old ones, and don't know anyone who did... but maybe I'll feel differently about it if I have my own kids.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Rebecca, you'd be surprised at how your viewpoints change when they're YOUR little people :). I seriously miss the pointy-eared dog to be sure. But, if youc ome visit my house, you'll see the new ones in all of their splendor and realize that they just channel your imagination differently. Now they have houses, construction sites, zoos, garages, etc. So, you can actually pretend that your friends are in lots more real-life situations than when we were young. Oh, and El 3atal and I are pretty fanatical about age rating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home