Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stop Helping Me! and wishing for snow

Okay, so now for a beef I have (yes only one). I'm tired of people deciding what I want as a consumer for me... Recently blogger released a version in Arabic. This is awesome news! It make the free blogosphere a little more inclusive, I think. But, why OH WHY, when they did this did it change MY blogger pages to Arabic? I hate when companies look at my ISP, see it's in Jordan, and then automatically put pages in Arabic. Why do I hate this? Because, like Blogger, the often don't have a simple way IN ENGLISH for me to switch this. So, I have no idea what the top bar of blogger says now. If I could read the Arabic to tell, then I wouldn't need it in English, now would I? So, why do these blogger people think they know me? What makes them assume that because I reside in Jordan, I want sites in Arabic? Google did the same thing, but at least they let me choose English as an option. Hear this, blogger, I'm annoyed with you! (Yes I know that the chances that they care are less than 1 in a million.)

On another (more positive note), the beans are wishing for snow and rumor about town says they may get it. Yesterday when I got home from work the beans had made a snow princess in the playroom. They had taken a huge blue ball, on top of it they put a slightly smaller red ball, then on the top they put a yellow smiley face ball. That's right, they made a snowman out of regular plastic balls. They dressed it in one of their princess dresses, added paper hair and a crown they made for it and Voila! we had a snow princess in the playroom. Kudos for their creativity and I hope, for their sakes, that we do get some good snow that they can make a real snow girl in...

Happy Princesses!

11 Comments:

At 2:26 AM , Blogger Madi said...

ما هو لازم تتعلمي عربي

اظن و الله العليم انو هذه اتفاقيه بين الحكومه و الجووجل لتعليم المغتربين اللغه العربيه


شييرز

 
At 3:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is strange, I am seeing it in English not Arabic. maybe its an IE thing, or are you using Firefox?. I am not sure if that is it though.

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Jad, STOP MAN!. Barif ana laazim 3araby u badros halla, bas mish mnieh lissa......

Bakkouz, they like you more than me! Or maybe it's an IE thing (have I said before on my blog how much I hate Microsoft?!)...

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Madi said...

Maybe they're targeting expats? ;)

 
At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be an E or English button hidden somewhere, try to find it to switch back to english menus

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Madi said...

Ok, you can fix it by logging it (Yes, logging in thru the link at the top bar.
it is the first one from left, just click it and then go back to your blog, everything should be in English.

One more thing, you have to sit English as your language from your blogger Dashboard.

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger 7aki Fadi said...

I have a beef with hotmail.

. When I first came to Canada I couldn't for the life of me figure out why when I log off it takes me to the Arab MSN site and not the Canadian one, turns out you have to change your address to get there. SO i changed it to Canada and i started getting to the Canadian MSN site.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Qwaider, thanks for your thought. Unfortunately, I can't read the Arabic to know which link might be the change language button :).

Jad, I'm actually fairly certain they are just targeting ME. And while your fix works, (my language for bloggig was already set) I have a sense that tomorrow I'll have to log in before viewing any sites which is not really a value-add for me. At any rate, thanks for helping me try and solve the issue!

7aki, you and me both. Hotmail is annoying... Teehee.

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Madi said...

ام الفول, يو ار موست ولكم
:p

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Dave said...

Google did the same thing a while back...switched me over to the Arabic interface by default. And for a while, all of my searches were being done through google.jo by default. Bah. Fortunately they made it a bit easier to switch back to the standard search interface.

 
At 1:49 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Jad, Perhaps my ability to reply to your first post confused you as tothe truly abyssmal state of my arabic... I have no idea what you just said :).

Dave, exactly, at least they made it easy (and Jad didn't keep trying to test me!!!!), teehee. Meanie blogger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home