Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Disgusting Food Combinations Courtesy of the Beans...

Of all the beans, JoojooBean has the most unusual taste in food. ButterBean has always had very... advanced... taste for her age. She's always loved olives, peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower. But, JoojooBean's tastes go all the way to the, okay I'll say it, gross. I knew she was a rare bird when, at the ripe old age of 16 months we caught her dipping her pacifier in the hummus to get at it herself. But, lately, she's been taking her food weirdnesses to all new levels. Maybe a year ago, I introduced them to the concept of dip. I would give them ranch dressing like dip on their plates to go with their vegetables. JoojooBean started dipping her fruits in as well and I thought, hmm an unusual taste combination, but not out of the realm of imagination. Then I caught her dipping her kibbe in whipped cream (yes the sweet stuff that goes on pancakes) and thought, Yuck. Well, today she far surpassed both of these previous bizarre dipping combinations. She was sitting with me at lunch having some Honey Nut Cheerios and started dipping them in ketchup. Talk about wanting to hurl. I think we've created a dipping monster. Perhaps we should should charge admission to watch my dipping wonder select odd food combinations. Or, perhaps we'll keep that joy inside the family...

Happy dipping!

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MommaBean, this takes the cake (wonder what she would dip THAT in?). what a clever girl, but how difficult for parents to watch it go down while THEY eat!

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Kinzi, indeed. Actually she doesn't dip cake, but for the last several years, she's eaten like a dog, no hands... face full in!

 
At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids are disgusting I have to say:)my kids disgusting combo is spread cheese and honey..ya3!

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Salam, that IS pretty awful. I'll add that to my list of most disgusting things kids eat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home