Monday, March 05, 2007

On Dealing With Stress and Major Life Changes

It's interesting to see how differently various people deal with stress. Some become grumpy and snappy, some start losing sleep, some have breakdowns. Me, I internalize stress. What does that mean? Well, I end up giving my insides fits in various ways. I always know I'm more stressed than I admit to myself by how noticeable my various health issues are. And, it's funny that I try to convince myself that I am not as stressed as I am. But, my body doesn't lie.

In my life with El 3atal, it seems that we never have major life changing events one at a time. Experts say that they key to integrating major life changes is by doing them separately. When we got married, we also moved across the US, and I changed jobs. When we had our first bean, I got laid off and we moved. When we had our second and third beans, I got a new boss and we got a new Nanny. When we came to Jordan, we moved and changed jobs. So, really we can't seem to do these things one at a time. I wonder why that is... Is it something about us that makes us major life changers? And now, we're on the cusp of a major life change again (no move involved as far as I know) and I find myself predictably stressed. But, I wonder how much of that is work stress rather than life stress. So, maybe I need to make a different life change that the ones in process... At any rate, bear with my sporadic posting as we navigate these new waters!

Happy ch-ch-changes!

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the beginning, change is fun and welcome ... trying out new things is just fascinating...
Then a little by little, the allure fades ... and reality sets in .. and you discover the hardship of change..
As we grow, we resist change more and more ... we like keeping things the way they are.

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger and life goes on... said...

I see anything that might break the routine (a change) as a very hard thing at the beginning... when I have to travel after a 3 or 4 months stay in Jordan, I'd be excited at first, then when it becomes closer I feel the opposite,,, it's as if something is happening to get me out or break what Im used to.. then the good thing would be once you'd started with this changing process- you'd start to relax and enjoy and even welcome it... it's just the first phase what causes the stress and all the worrying I guess! Good luck :)

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have forgotten to pray for you the last few days...may God guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ...

 
At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommybean: My dear....

It is Very Very HARD to face changes especially while children are growing up and one is faced with thousands of responsibilities.

On the other hand, when one door is closed, the Lord will open ten more.

It is hard to talk but please try to remember that we should thank God for all his blessings, for our healthy children and for taking care of everything we do. He will never forget us.

We always see you as a very loving optimistic person... you are dear and lovely, please keep it that way and keep your optimistic attitude.

Changes sometimes might be for the better... God will take care of everything.

Tetabean

 
At 6:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MommyBean,
With a TetaBean like that- you can conquer and face it all!:) You're a very lucky woman!
Emily

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed, I am very blessed indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home