Friday, September 14, 2007

Warning, mirror required!


Came across this in the paper yesterday. Of, course saying something sad about the way my mind works, it took a few minutes to realize the type was backwards. Or, I guess maybe they only want people who are smart enough to read it in the mirror (or with my special gift of reading upside down, backwards, and any which way...).
I was actually rather stumped by the backwards message "Accredited by 91.000 students." Accreditation is appropriate for the educational environment, but not done by students. Thanks to dictionary.com, accredited is "officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence: accredited schools." Now I guess these 91.000 (is that like 91 with no fils or should that be a comma?) students COULD be official, but somehow I doubt it. Accrediting bodies are typically associations of some sort that review curricula, teaching staff, etc., and officially recognize the school. It got me so befuddled that I almost missed the backwards type print :). Hope you enjoy.
Happy mirror images!

2 Comments:

At 6:24 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

You're too good Mary Elizabeth. You put Jay Leno to shame!

says Sharon, wiping away the tears (reputed tears asap lol!)

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Glad you enjoyed this. I found it terribly, terribly funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home