Sunday, November 18, 2007

An impressive misspelling

So, El 3atal and I were looking for a new bed for JuniorBean and came across this establishment. I have to admit it is the most impressive misspelling I believe I have ever seen. It is so bad as to render the name without meaning :).

Okay, so let's start with Cidar. If it were cider, it would be a beverage served hot typically in the winter (like apple cider). But somehow I don't think that's what they mean. I'm guessing maybe it's cedar? But, my favorite is the Decortion. Decortion? It sounds like a new, up-and-coming type of circus act. Imagine with me, gone are the days of the contortion artist, we have a decortion artist. Come one, come all. See our new act! So, welcome to Cidar Decortion. Where we take hot beverages and bend them so out of shape they are unrecognizable...
By the way, the owners of this fine (albeit misspelled) establishment seemed quite befuddled about why I was taking a picture of their shop, teehee.
Happy decortion!

4 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Me said...

:)

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger CancunCanuck said...

LOL, a very good example of poor marketing. :)

We see a lot of mangled English signs here being in a tourist town (Cancun), I'll have to grab some pics next time I see a juicy one.

 
At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe this is funny :D why didnt they wrote cidar for dicor :p

hey, thanks for the comment it means a lot to me :)

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ladies, precisely. And, Jano, I meant every word.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home