Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update on the meaning of Life (or signage anyway)... Salam Wins!

Okay. So many of my readers played along and gave unique and creative suggestions for the meaning of this sign:


and while all of the suggestions were awesome, the winner is... Salam. I stopped in the store today to find out what the story was. As I was parking the car, I noticed the sale signs about four feet above this sign. They are up far above the door of the shop. So, we asked and the fellow "manning" the counter (ys, he had to come from across the street in another shop) confirmed that these are the dates of their sale. So, Salam, for your prize, you win... a cup of hot chocolate at Galler my treat (and did I mention the free wireless, teehee!).
Happy guessing games!

6 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on ... not fair ..
I want hot-choco from galler :(

Alright, I have to admit, Salam is a genius for figuring this one based on what's there.

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh-heh, and in addition to her brilliance, Salam is a good sale-shopper too!

I must be becoming to local,my first thought when I saw the sign: "Mine is not to question 'why'..."

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Qabbani said...

ahhhhh

that why its can be changed :D

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Dave said...

Ah, congrats, Salam. You're better at text obfuscation than I.

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Qw, Indeed Salam's genius leaves us all in awe...

Kinzi, I love your reaction, too. Mine was, what could tey possibly have meant?!

Qa, things become clear don't they.

Dave, She's better than the both of us...

 
At 5:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! A cup og Galler Hot Chocolate seems so tempting right now, if only I could leave the house..from the way things are looking, we are stuck at home till friday at least!! But I'm glad I turned out to have the right answere..I was nearly sure..and thanks all for the compliments though I have to say it's really a matter of ,as Kinzi said..anticiapting the sale period.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home