Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I mean really, would YOU live in a place without internet access...?

Neither would I. And, yet, apparently that's what many people living in the self-styled Apartment Hotel in Abu Dhabi are doing. El 3atal and I were there on business and they had no internet access! When OfficeMate bean asked about the business center mentioned in their literature, they pointed her to the internet cafe ACROSS THE STREET. And, not just a small street but a six lane divided monstrosity.



All in all, the trip was good and the hotel was awful. When we checked in the desk agent (one of the only rude Filipinas I've ever met) looked at El 3atal and I and our colleague and decided that El 3atal and I should have twin beds and our colleague should have a queen. The room was also a smoking room, cough, cough, cough. The situation was so funny, I had to grab a snap shot of the beds...



Adding insult to injury, the remote control for th TV didn't work. So, after two night of trying to change it and one night changing the TV altogether, we finally got them to just change the silly batteries and it worked just fine - for our last night.

So, anyway, if you have the chance to visit Abu Dhabi's City Seasons hotel, pass. Do not fall victim to this yucky place.

Happy Withdrawal!

5 Comments:

At 10:12 PM , Blogger PŕōuđPāŀĩ said...

actually, i wud! sometimes i think we're attached to the big bad wolf way too much.. internet is consuming our social lives i reckon. but then again, some have established a life thru the net! but still, i find it sad..

HOWEVER, living without TV!!! altho i did that for more than a year when i started living on my own, but that was nasty!!

born and raised in the uae, i never liked abu dhabi, NEVER! blech! im sure ur glad that was over :D

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

It's like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo's bedroom, except ugly.

 
At 4:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanx for the advice, this is really awful.

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed, Samer and Umm Farouq, it was awful (and Umm Farouq I had the same 50s re-runs flashback).

Proud, I actually rather like Abu Dhabi itself quite alot (more than Dubai as I like a quieter, slower pace to life). But this place was awful. And, I can't live without the internet. I was unable to give flight details to the in-laws, had difficulty with my freelance work as they sent soemthing that I had to not only download, but correct and then upload... Anyway, yeah, I'm very happy to be home and gald to have the internet again!

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed, Samer and Umm Farouq, it was awful (and Umm Farouq I had the same 50s re-runs flashback).

Proud, I actually rather like Abu Dhabi itself quite alot (more than Dubai as I like a quieter, slower pace to life). But this place was awful. And, I can't live without the internet. I was unable to give flight details to the in-laws, had difficulty with my freelance work as they sent soemthing that I had to not only download, but correct and then upload... Anyway, yeah, I'm very happy to be home and gald to have the internet again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home