Sunday, May 18, 2008

She doesn't run like a girl, she runs like a Princess?!

Okay, so before ButterBean's participation in T-Ball, I would have wondered how a princess runs exactly. Now such musings have been put to rest. ButterBean has come a long, long way in the months since T-Ball started. She's gaining the confidence to hit the ball more than about 2 feet, catching ground balls like a champ and even throwing fairly well (if VERY girly). But the running thing... well, that hasn't changed.

Oh, and I didn't coin the term. Based on my traveling schedule I missed the first game. When I got home for the following practice, I was having a fine time chatting with one of the other Moms. She heard me cheering for little ButterBean and said, "Oh, is she yours? I saw her at the game last Friday and she runs just like a little princess." Really, what it means is that she does so much run as prance. Yep. She lifts her knees up nearly to her chin, raises her arms with the hands pointing straight out to the sides, and prances from base to base. It's about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

And, the contrast with Lil Kinz is rather striking. She slides into first base like a pro. Gets dirty and runs like a wild one bent on getting to base...

What can I say, she thinks she's princess, so she runs like one too. For those of you who have never seen a T-Ball game with its phantom outs, happy chattering, kicking sand, and lady-bug studying, I recommend you take the opportunity and check it out. It's about the sweetest thing you'll ever see. And to the Coach and the Assistant Coaches who've been making ButterBean's first season so wonderful, thanks!

Happy Prancing Princesses!

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is indeed!!! HEY, speaking of princesses, LOVELY and cute craft yesterday at Daar Al Bean!!

(PS. shameless me, the first-aid kit and the team shirts go to Lisa on Wednesday. Thank you dear, I'll call!)

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Teehee. Skeeter kept telling me to give them to the team mom. I said, "the coach's wife?" No, the team mom... color me confused. Glad you liked the craft, the Princess Crafts book MemeBean bought has awesome choices in it. It turned out very well, although took longer and was harder than they made it sounds (aren't they all?)

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Sam said...

aw how cute....Tball in this side of the woods is not going too great...the kids are so funny...the girls play ok but the boys keep on running off and doing their own thing..including bilal...weird eh??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home