Monday, April 21, 2008

It's a Small World After All... It's a Small World After All... Isn't It?

So, in Amman, we're always talking about what a small world it is. I mean, I'm not from here and know maybe 3 people in town and yet I'm ALWAYS seeing people I know in the unlikeliest places... And, if I don't know anyone, but meet someone, I nearly always find they know someone I know (usually Teta and JiddoBean who are quite well known I guess).

But, in thinking about this being a small world, I have to say the blogosphere is even smaller. Some of you may have seen the post I did on unusual names for kids. I used real-life examples of people I had known. Well, in the course of the day one of them googled herself, saw my blog post, laughed out loud, and commented. How cool is that?! Then her Mom commented too. So, we get it straight from the horse's mouth (it was Dad's fault).
http://a-tale-of-three-beans.blogspot.com/2008/03/worst-names-ever-whod-do-that-to-kid.html

Add this to the comment I got from the ladies who wrote that amazingly awesome book (I was a really good mom before I had kids) like 10 minutes after I posted it. Well, it's really a small world, isn't it? http://a-tale-of-three-beans.blogspot.com/2007/11/reinventing-motherhood-must-read-for.html

I'm having fun with this today. How cool and awesome is this?! So I guess that the fact that they're teaching ButterBean the Mickey Mouse Song of the title of this post isn't as odd as I thought. It really IS a small world after all...

Happy shrinkage!

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm screeching over this, that Xan found your blog!!! AND her mom!! DO WE LOVE THE INTERNET? Yes indeed we do!

I had a friend in school who's dad wanted to name her Liberty, as her last name was Bell. Mom axed it, and they named her Sue. How boring. :)

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed. Liberty Bell would have been more interesting, but it also would have been just WRONG. Now, Clara Bell would have been funny. People would have mooed at her for the rest of her life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home