Friday, March 28, 2008

The Queen Latifah Airport!!

So, today , coming in from Abu Dhabi, I had a funny experience. Just after we landed the flight attendant came on an welcomed us to the Queen Latifah airport. Yes, that's right, Queen Latifah. Female Rapper. Star of Beauty Parlor and Last Holiday, and such movies. Apparnetly the QAIA has been renamed while I was gone. I didn't think I was gone THAT long!

I was flying business class. When we got here, I waited and waited and waited, then waited some more on the bags. Finally, after the ENTIRE rest of the plane had gotten their bags, the "Priority" bags came out. That's right, those of us flying business got off the plane very quickly to it and wait on luggage. How silly is that? At any rate, it's SOOOOO good to be home. It's nice to go away, so that I love Jordan even more on my return home.

Happy travels!

10 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome home MammaBean :)

 
At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kidding right? They renamed QAIA to Queen Latifa!? Who's Latifa? (Other than the real Queen Latifa)

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks Lulu. And, Q they certainly did NOT rename the airport. It was clearly just a freudian slip on the part of the flight attendant. I guess she must be a fan...

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Ammar said...

lol you should've checked the cockpit, maybe Dr. Dre was "Flyen Da Plane!"

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Me said...

Pretty funny name for the airport! i bet Queen Latifa does not even know about it!
as for the bags and flying business class....it is the story of my life at QAIA...always last to get the luggage. i suspect that they only have ONE baggage vehicle that brings the luggage from the plane to the belt!! always last!!!
welcome home!

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

First luggage on, last one out. I really hope that was a joke on the flight attendant's part. Ha! I would have busted up and all the other passengers would have been, "Uh, what is so funny."

 
At 12:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MommaBean, please tell me you weren't flying RJ!

 
At 1:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which airline were you flying?

 
At 5:10 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ammar, that is indeed a possibility I had not considered. Although given his name and accent, I doubt it :).

Summer, you and me both (actually I think they have HALF of a baggage truck to bring the bags, sharing the other half with anothr airline).

Nicole, they indeed are using the LIFO accounting (or bag bringing) method. And,I was so surprised by the Latifah, that I turned to the American guy next to me and asked did she just say...? He affirmed that she had before I even finished the sentence. We both rather chuckled at that.

Kinzi and Dave, NOT RJ this trip. It was Etihad...

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Needless to say, if Queen Latifah did have an airport named after her, it'd have some 'bling-bling' and would not resemble the dungeon our lovely airport resembles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home