Sunday, March 09, 2008

Cinderella visits the Bean castle, virtual cake up for grabs...

Okay, so I've blogged about the beans' artistic abilities (which is far beyond mine, by the way). I no gift for drawing (okay giving credit where it's due, my stick figures aren't bad). But, I do have one little talent. It's one that, in the US I didn't know I had... I can make a really cool looking cake. In honor of ButterBean's birthday, I made two awesome cakes (one for home and one for school). And, I'm going to give you guys a taste (a virtual one anyway) of my skills.

ButterBean cake for home: Cinderella comes to visit

ButterBean's cake for school: Cinderella n the flesh (okay in the plastic) all gussied up for the ball

And lest you should think the other beans have been left out, I'll share theirs with you as well...

Enter JujuBean's castle for a rip-romping good time!



Race to the Finish with Junior Bean but don't get left behind!


It's funny how not having access to a bakery to make such cakes for me has brought out my creative instincts... I'm fiding it's fun to not only decorate the cakes, but to come up with the conceptual idea. And, thank goodness there are folks on the internet who provide pictures of their cakes for me to gain inspiration. I hope this made your mouth water (oh, and they taste even better than they look).
Happy virtual taste tests!

8 Comments:

At 4:59 AM , Blogger Sam said...

wow those look great MB! i am sure they were yummier than they look...i could not bake a cake and decorate it if my life depended on it!

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Wow! How many hours did all of that take? Yum! I am going to make a cake RIGHT NOW.

 
At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightful AND delish!!! Very fun indeed

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Me said...

really impressive!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks ladies. I can't believe no guys came on for the virtual cake... guess they only like real cake.

Umm Farouq, hmm, longer than it should have :). The base frosting is what takes so darn long. The rest takes much less time. I think the icing part took about 2 hours per cake.

 
At 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow indeed, these are some really impressive cakes, you should have you own cake making business or something, seriously, this is some professional work!

 
At 2:50 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Bakkouz, yeah, I've been teasing HelperBean about us doing that... Come to Amman and we'll make you a super cool special cake.

 
At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will go along with with your blog. birthday cakes in los angeles

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home