Monday, February 18, 2008

The Perils of Being Snowbound Again: With No Snow

Talk about much ado about nothing... Given the fact that it was seeming decidedly less than snowy last night, I set my alarm as usual to get up and get the beans (and myself) ready for school. I looked out the window and saw no snow on the ground. And, so, I determined that we should go ahead and get ready, I mean who would cancel school with no reason. Ahhh, you'd think I'm not from Alabama. There they would cancel school due to the "threat of inclement weather." Yes, that's right if it seemed like it might get a flurry or two, they'd cancel school.

And so, TetaBean called to alert us to the fact that school was cancelled. And then my school called to say that since all other schools are cancelled they had no choice (parents and teachers would have nowhere for their kids to go). So, here we are at home with no snow. How is that fun?

I'm sure El 3atal and I will end up heading out on errands today, but I do find it funny that everything is cancelled because of the snow. A friend said she thinks they cancelled school out of disappointment that the snow didn't materialize :).

Happy snow day!

6 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, cancelled out of disappointment!! Priceless.Hubby went to work happy thinking of all the work he would get done without the phone ringing.

Yea, my one consolation is that w/o snow, there are no muddy boot prints, no soaking coats and gloves adorning the heaters. Although it was coming down pretty good a minute ago.

I was kinda hoping the big event for tonight would be cancelled, but since it is mostly Americans, oh no, the show will go on. Hard to live between worlds.

 
At 12:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here, woke up at six to hear schools were cancelled for nothing..anyways, since I actually quit work..who cares..they stay home, mom's there so 3adi:)
Thanks for the tag momma bean, there you go: http://www.reflectionsallmine.net/archive/2008/2/473395.html

 
At 2:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you. When I heard that school was canceled I said, "For what? Fog and rain?"

But I made it in to work with no problems whatsoever. It's like any other rainy day out there.

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Sam said...

o man why dont they that in canada..a storm will be going on and the schools would be open usually...but i do not send my kids to school on stormy days...this is a bit too much...ammani's are too spoiled!

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe someone at the Wazirat of schools should get the Yahoo weather gizmo so they can keep track of what the weather is doing. I find it quite accurate.

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed, all, today we were back to school as normal. Yay! Happy to be done with silly snow days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home