Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why I Blog: Making Connections

So, reason #2 that I blog is the ability to make connections with other people. Since moving to Jordan, I have met the most awesome people through blogging. I've found other gals from Alabama (like the one who tagged me: see below) who help prove that no matter the religion, people are fundamentally the same. Good people are good people, anywhere in the world.

I love the fact that I can make connections in Jordan through blogging. I find that nearly everywhere I go, I find other bloggers. The local professional association - blogger! Magazine interview - blogger! ICT Forum - blogger! Jordan is such a small country that I get the chance to meet lots of these people. Having connections helps make up for the family I left in the US. So, now, in honor of the connections...

I've been tagged:

Rules:
1. Post these rules before presenting your list. (check!)
2. List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18.
3. There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.
4. At the end of your blog, choose 6 people to get tagged and list their names.
5. People who are tagged write their own blog entry with their 6 suggestions.
6. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.
7. Optional: You can include the image of the ridiculous Reese’s Puffs list in your post as a reference.

Six actions every person should accomplish before turning 18 from MommaBean...
  1. Spend at least one month learning about life from someone else's perspective (do a service learning project and live among people of different circumstances, be part of a Model UN, see what life is like for oter people.
  2. Love someone. I mean really, give someone your heart whether or not they give you theirs.
  3. Serve others in a soup kitchen, retirement home, orphanage, wherever those who are less forunate are likely to be.
  4. Get a job. And, I mean the kind of job nearly every American youth has at some point, the type that is mind numbingly boring but teaches you about earning money of your own and how hard it is.
  5. Swim in the ocean.
  6. Be with your friends, after college, there's little timea nd life just moves on, but befor eyour turn 18, spend time just hanging out, understanding who you are and who you want to be...

That's a before 18 list. Before 30 would look very different, but it is what it is. I guess I'll tag El 3atal, Kinzi, Hala, Salam, Dave, and Jad... I look forward to reading your lists and am so glad that we've made connections.

Happy connections!

6 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger Moey said...

for what its worth, I like your blog.

 
At 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my response.

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Moey, Thanks. One of these days we should meet. I expect you are every bit as unusual in life as in the cyber-world (which is a hig compliment, I assure you).

Dave, Loved your list. Way to get into the spirit.

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger Rambling Hal said...

Are you SURE about this?!?!? You want ME to make a list TOO!??! hehehehe.....oh well!

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Absolutely sure, Hal! Teehee.

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Great list! Thanks for heeding my call. :)

Hope to see y'all soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home