Saturday, December 27, 2008

MommaBean Wears Black For Gaza

What can I say? What can any of us say? There literally are no words... But, you know, I guess there are.

George Bush, please take your morally corrupt, bankrupt soul and leave office. Now. Today.

Barack Obama, look and see what is going on. Understand your own history, our history as a human race, our history as an American people and take a stand on Gaza. "Building on progress" is a lie. Seeing progress is a lie. The only progress that has been made is the construction of more illegal settlements and the genocide of more Palestinians. Please become the man I believe you can be...

In memory of not only those who died today in Gaza, but also those who are living in intolerable, inhuman circumstances, MommaBean is wearing black. For those who are used to my happy pretty blog background, it is gone. While I can't realistically wear black every day out in the real world (and most of you wouldn't see me if I did), I can wear black in my home, in my heart, in my mind. Here, on my blog, the place where I think my thoughts out loud, I'm wearing black for Gaza every day.

I am speechless with horror, speechless with shame, and speechless with embarrassment today.

Sad Speechlessness.

5 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Me said...

i feel the same way too...i am wearing black all over my life...my blog is going to wear too in solidarity to our people in Gaza. lets make a movement and invite other bloggesrs to wear black on their blogs too..this is the least we can do.

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Summer, truly the very least...

 
At 3:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadness. Deep sadness.

I'm wearing as close as I have to black with the two of you. I'll try to blacken the blog, too.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Good Idea.I can't do much,I have written congressmen and senators,but the legislature is not in session.I think it was planned that way.My blog is black until this evil ends.

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

In the kitchen, Thanks for joining in... Out thoughts and hearts will remain with Gaza...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home