Monday, March 09, 2009

Celebrating Birth...

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the day that my lovely little ButterBean was born. And, as vividly as I remember the day, I am super-excited that she has grown up so exceptionally well. My little girl isn't little anymore. And, nature's way of reminding me is that snaggletoothed-no-front-teeth look... It's the sweetest thing in the world. But, even more exciting than this is something I didn't realize until 2 or so days ago... ButterBean shares her birthday with someone very important...
For those who don't know, toady is also BARBIE'S birthday! She's 50 years old today (and might I say she look awesome for 50!). Now, for you guys, this won't be so meaningful, but for the girls, can you imagine having the same birthday as Barbie?! I'm quite pleased for ButterBean. Her party theme isn't Barbie (owing mostly to the fact that we didn't know until after we'd chosen the theme and Istiklal doesn't have any Barbie pinatas...)

Making this year's culinary creation has been the usual frustration of no supplies available :(. In particular, there are no graham crackers in town (and if you found some in the last two days please don't tell me) and no blue jello. Do they not KNOW I'll need these items for my cakes? Can they not plan in advance? Perhaps I should provide them with a list of birthdays and supplies needed three months in advance, teehee.

So, as always, the queen of substitution found alternates for my Dora house and fish pond... Very sad that I couldn't go with my original intentions, but it turned out well, IMHO. I'm dropping a picture (with minor alterations) for your enjoyment.


Happy Birthday!

7 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Blogger 7aki Fadi said...

happy bday butterbean!
you are gooood.

 
At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the little one, and many happy returns of the day :)

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks 7aki. I've gotten alot of practice since moving to Jordan. In my US days, I had never actually made a serious effort at decorating a cake... ;)

Thanks Q.

 
At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Khadra said...

that cake is pretty awesome, even if you didnt have all that you needed!

Happy Birthday to your little girl :)

and a birthday with Barbie is VERY cool!

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Happy Birthday to that sweetie pie.

Lovely cake.

Only graham crackers I've found have been cinnamon variety, at C U Soon on way to Amman Bacc School. No plain ones.

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Khadra, thanks. I think sharing Barbie's birthday is awesome myself.

Umm Farouq, didn't I say DON'T tell me?! You mean if I went to CU Soon I could have had them. MAN... Next time I'm calling to ask if you've seen them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home