Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Hilarity of Miscommunication

Alright, so while El 3atal was in Dubai, he was sent on the mission of buying birthday gifts for ButterBean from Jiddo and Teta and us. The reason, for those who aren't aware, is that the quality of toys is much higher and the prices are a good bit cheaper. So, you pay less for something that should last 2 weeks rather than 2 minutes...

Unfortunately, something got lost in translation. El 3atal and 3ammoBean went to the toy store. El 3atal sent me a text message asking if I had any ideas. I texted back maybe, but didn't hit the pesky x key enough times and ended up with maxbe. Well, apparently El 3atal then sent the customer service fellow scrambling looking for Maxbe. When he asked what it is, I asked him to call me. I knew we were in trouble when I talked to him and said I had meant to say maybe (you know, maybe I have an idea) and he promptly said to someone off to the side, no, it's maybe do you have maybe? I caught his attention and told him that no maybe I have an idea. He started shouting rather rudely at me about not having time for my maybes and what not.

It seems that between these two gentlemen they didn't posses a single bit of common sense. They ad the customer service folks running about looking for Maxbe and calling over Managers when they couldn't find it. Hahaha! Talk about miscommunication. In the end, they got two games (one of them pictionary jr., I am SO psyched) and called it a night.

Happy nonsense!

8 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I did a "maxbe" image search on Google and the first result was of a hot chick in a flimsy red dress! :D

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Yikes! Dirty old men are NOT asked to help in this... Teehee. I guess it's a good thing El 3atal didn't perform that search, hunh?

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Philip (El3atal) said...

Next time be sure to type correctly or better yet refrain fromm providing sarcastic remarks. I actually did a google search at the time, from my blackberry, of maxbe and what added fuel to the fire is that the number one hit was toy.

Peace
El3atal

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Khadra said...

oh my I cant stop laughing, that is hilarious. This is the sort of thing that would happen in my house and English is the first language of everyone in it!

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

haha this is so funny really! If I was there I would have assumed you meant x-men!

 
At 4:43 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

I taught my 9 year old nephew not to buy games that are made in China as they last 2 minutes only and sold for too much money in Amman!

 
At 4:05 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ali, I can sure see that, Xmen indeed. For a 7 year old girl, teehee. I'm with you on the level of outrageous pricing for Chinese junk. We've had so many gifts that broke on the 1st or second play. It took moving to Jordan to understand how lucky we are to have the "good Chinese junk" in America. Hope all is well with you!

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

Chinees junk is the same everywhere you go except if you add lid to those toys! haha
I just got back from Damascus, it was great

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home