Friday, January 30, 2009

14 Days of Fresh Smell? Is it just me or is that really gross?

I was sitting watching TV last night when the ad for Comfort fabric softener came on for the 6 millionth time. It hit me, they're talking about how great this product is and touting the fact that the fresh smell remains for 14 days. Are there really people who wear the exact same item of clothing without washing for 14 days?!

Okay, say it with me... EWWWWWW. That would, however, account for some of the aromatic? odoriferous? downright disgusting cabs I've been in. And elevators. And enclosed spaces... 14 days without washing? Please tell me that other than in humanitarian crisis areas with no access to water (like, say, Gaza) people don't keep wearing their clothes over and over and over.

I mean, I'll go 2-3 wearings in jeans, but 14 days!

Happy Ewwwww!

8 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I think it does happen here more than we care to think about or smell for that matter. I always think about it when summer is coming, and think about how more aromatic things will be in public places.

 
At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew. Imagine the 'smell-testers' who had to endure counting the days.
:X

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Nicole, Yikes! I was really, really hoping it was hyperbole. But it does explain many things.

Kinzi, Yuck. Talk about awful jobs...

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I NEVER use fabric softeners as I cannot stand the smell. This part of the world does not have the strict regulations that the EU and USA have so we have no clue what they put in all these washing materials. T

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Yeah, I actually buy American dryer sheets ;). That way I know what I'm getting. But apparently I'm missing out on 12-13 days of freshness... Teehee.

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

Oh, spare me the technology this time! I like to change my clothes twice a day

 
At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think they mean, it will smell for 14 days period, nobody said anything about wearing them for 14 days :).

you have upto 14 days to pick that item out of ur closet and it would still smell good (supposedly)

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ali, thank goodness for boys who change their clothes... El 3atal is the same.

Wonders, I might buy that argument (smae one El 3atal made) if the commercial didn't feature a guitar player in a box for 14 days then coming out with his clothes smelling fresh... Pretty sure they mean if you wear it. Ewwwwwww.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home