Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Keep Your Money, Gaza Needs Your Time...

Okay, so it's old truism that it's far easier to give money than time, isn't it? We all lead such busy lives and especially with the kids home from school, it's hard to find a minute to think. And, yet with the suffering in Gaza, can't we find a minute? Mind you, I'm asking myself here as much as anyone else. While I found the time to shop for Gaza (which was both a chore and a sacrifice given how much I hate shopping), packing-for-Gaza-time has been harder to come by. But the time has come to put my time where my money is...

The fine group of folks at 7iber who engaged Aramex in responding to this crisis have been working tirelessly. After the first amazing collection, Aramex took over donations and is bringing stuff in FOR FREE from all over for the folks in Gaza. But they need more help. Your generosity has been so overwhelming that they have a warehouse full of things that need to be sorted and packed. And now they need people to help. An excellent fellow-blogger Ali posted about his experience as one of 50 when there needed to be 200.

So, here's the call for assistance. Come down and help out. I'm going to do my best to find the time, so you may even get the dubious honor of meeting MommaBean in person.

Who: Volunteers of all ages and both genders
When: 2 – 9 pm Tuesday – Thursday
Where: See the map below (if you need a ride, comment and I'll get you in touch with the right folks)

Please don't let an issue stop you from helping out. Let us know what the problem is and I'll see if I can help solve it. If there are Moms who want to help but are having challenges with the kids home, drop me a note and maybe we can do a childcare cooperative. I hope to see you there!
Happy Backaches!

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

You rock mamabean!
There are many easy assignments that does not need alot of muscles. Though one of my girlfriends was unloading trucks;)

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger CancunCanuck said...

MommaBean- I know I don't stop in and say, but I do read your blog everyday. I just wanted to say a big KUDOS to you for your efforts in this terrible time. I wish you the best of luck, keep on keepin' on Momma.

 
At 1:26 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ali, don't tell me that. I'm planning on doing this in lieu of exercising. And, how many exercises do you have?!

Canuck dear, so nice to see you here. My efforts have been smaller than I would like but life keeps getting in the way. Time to hike up my bootstraps and get helping. Thanks for your encouragement, and please pray for the poor folks in Gaza trying to eke out an existence.

 
At 1:30 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

Mommabean, yesterday we were 100 people, we still need to be atleast 200. You can pack boxes, put food in boxes, move boxes, whatever you can do. If you see me there, come say hello to me, Black Iris and Qabbani are already there

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home