Monday, January 19, 2009

I love it when someone takes an idea I've tried to express and just blows it out of the water!

So, this is a shout out to Ahmad of 360 east. He wrote an AWESOME post about rebranding Gaza. I encourage you to read it here.

In his post, he suggests that Arabs need to come to terms with the fact that a) we don't live in an ideal world and b) approaches to date simply haven't worked. I touched on this topic in my post Enough With the Rhetoric Already. Man, Ahmad blew me out of the water. He took the core theme I danced around (I'm sure without ever even reading my post) and gave practical, pointed guidelines for building an appropriate Brand for Gaza. And, in doing so, he couched the thought in simple terms. Go Ahmad.

I suggest to each of you that you read his post. Give it some thought. Think about what you can do to help Rebrand the Palestinians. Because one this is for sure, or too long the conversation has been a rhetoric filled extravaganza about the Palestinian "problem". Somehow the Palestinian has been forgotten by both sides. This isn't about a problem, it's about a people. So, now how do we help the world begin to see this more clearly?

Maybe it's the right time for an "I am a Palestinian" campaign full of ads and shots of people just like Joe your average American helping people see that they probably know a Palestinian and don't even know it... I've got my thinking cap on, how about you?

Happy Thoughts!

3 Comments:

At 5:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sista. When MommaBean is blown away, Kinzi listens.

GO Ahmad!

 
At 3:06 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

There are many ideas out there and Ahmad did a great job, let's take this seriously and in action, what do you say? I will check with Ahmad

 
At 3:41 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

I'm in. I'm happy to help especially in ways that I can do from home :). Somehow no matter hw much I want to get out of the house to help out, something (called kids) get in the way. Literally, grabbing feet and dragging along behind me. But, I'm in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home