Monday, January 26, 2009

What the Beans Could Teach The World About Dealing With Israel

So, back two summers ago, the nursery that the Beans used to attend had a 2 week break. For the 2 weeks prior to the break, the Bean girls decided not to go to nursery and only JuniorBean attended. After the first two days, the fabulous ladies who took care of them told me something very enlightening. This is what they told me...

Fab: "You know, MommaBean, JuniorBean is a different little boy when the girls aren't here."
MB: "Really, how so?"
Fab: "Well, when the girls are here, he cries alot more."
MB: "Yeah?"
Fab: "Yes, not that they bother him. Quite the contrary... he hits them and then cries first."

That's right ladies and gentlemen, JuniorBean was practicing proactive crying. He figured if he hit them or took their toy and then cried, they'd be the ones who get in trouble.

Does this sound hauntingly familiar to anyone else? It reminded me at the time of the big boy on the playground who shoves the little kid. Then he kicks sand on him, then he trips him. Now, when the little boy hits him, he cries and says, but he hit me first... again, sound familiar?

Every parent has to deal with this at one point or another. So, let me tell you my approach. In the Bean household, if I hear, "Mommy, mommy, X Bean hit me." My response is always, "Really, and what were you doing when it happened?" Pretty much our standard practice is that no matter who the alleged offender was, everyone involved must apologize and give a hug and kiss. So, see, in our house we're learning that in a situation where someone cries the loudest, it doesn't mean they're the injured one. And, even if they are, it doesn't mean that there wasn't an action on their part precipitating it.

I think the world could learn some things about dealing with Israel from the Beans... Here are the points I think need to be taken away:
  1. Just because Israel cries beautiful crocodile tears doesn't make it the offended party.
  2. Its actions have caused its current situation.
  3. It's time now for all sides to apologize and hug and kiss each other...

Now, mind you, I'm not saying I think the world (or Israel) WILL learn something from the Beans. I'm only saying that I think they could...

Happy KG Warfare!

7 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger kinzi said...

Out of the mouths of babes. I especially love step number 3, may it be!

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger abu 'n um tulip said...

What a better world we'd live in if we'd just stop and listen to our children. ~ Um Tulip

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Moey said...

HAHAHA! I used to do the same at KG hahaha!

 
At 1:26 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Indeed. Moey, glad t hear you were taught well, teehee!

 
At 5:30 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

Mommabean, I knew where this post was going when I started reading it;) It is funny but true

 
At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

World's largest lessons are from those little daily things.. but sometimes we dont see them,, great post.. like it..

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ali, Jano, glad you enjoyed it. But, sad I've become predictable (although maybe I've always been predictable? teehee).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home