Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Sweet Sound of... Rain!

So, the rain dance worked. Oh, wait, I didn't tell you about the rain dance. Scratch that. Magically, mystically (read that God heard our prayers and answered them, as all lovely magical and mystical things like rain come from God) rain has come. It took at least 15 minutes to penetrate into my consciousness (darn Internet, always distracting me). I heard the sound and wrote it off as the sound of the central heat. Oh, wait, central heat here is radiators, could that be RAIN?! Sure enough, I stuck my head outside and was greeted with drops on the face. It's raining at a pretty darn good clip too.

Take THAT 7% of average annual rainfall! Here's hoping that it keeps on coming and brings us closer to average levels...

Happy Splashy!

6 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

I stayed up until 1am to listen to the falling rain, it was a nice needed change. I hope we get more rain or we will face a serious drought this summer. Hmmm. maybe we have been upsetting God lately in Jordan, makes me wonder, but I shouldn't go there now, it is still the morning ;)

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger maroo said...

eventhough im not a big fan of winter but i really do miss the rain :) el7amdullah

 
At 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Rain :) (Dancing)

 
At 2:08 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ali, stop with those thoughts... Glad you enjoyed the rain. I was up until about th same time enjoying it myself...

Maroo, you and me both. Hate the winter, love the rain.

Jano, thans. Now I don't feel so silly that the haaris across the street looks at me like a crazy woman for the rain dance! Come on over, you can rain dance with me.

 
At 2:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will make the rain dance a trio!

I had already turned in for the night when I heard the happy sound, it was a lovely lullaby.

I' so glad it continued until 1am, as this morning it looked barely wet, the ground had been so dry.

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

Momma, yeah I better behave its still Sunday ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home