Thursday, October 28, 2010

MommaBean throws down the gauntlet, are you up for the challenge?

Ladies and gentlemen, come one, come all. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo to those in the know, which now includes you). I think that this a challenge that Jordan needs to take up. The state of reading in Jordan is dire. Let's make a mark by bumping up the stakes. MommaBean will host any writer living in Jordan who successfully completes the NaNoWriM0 challenge (writing at least 50,000 words during the month of November) to a fine dining experience. Yep, I'll provide the meal for anyone who manages to make this happen.

Fundamentally, here's the thought behind NaNoWriMo, write a novel during the month of November. It doesn't have to be good, it just has to meet the required number of words. Personally, this is my first attempt. During the last year, I read one of the novels that came out of this month. Water for Elephants is an awesome book that tells a simple, yet elegant story. The idea that the author wrote in a month is intriguing. So, I'm giving it a go. I have no idea whether I'll be successful, but I'm going to get out there and do it. I urge you to join me!

Happy Novel Ideas!

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Anonymous jaraad said...

Writing 50,000 words in one month isn't an easy task. Wish you all the best with this project. Good Luck!

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Absolutely, but aren't you going to join me?! We need some Arabic writers to join in...

 
At 6:13 AM , Anonymous jaraad said...

I wish I can. My PhD dissertation is consuming every drop of juice left in my brain :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home