Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Okay, SOME guys here really are pigs!

So, this morning shortly after I arrived at the office, the phone rang. I answered the phone, "Good Morning, Company X."

The gentleman on the phone said "Who is this?"
I replied, "This is company X, may I help you."
"Where is your office?"
"We're near the first circle, how may I help you?"
"I'm with the Arabic Bank."
"The Arab Bank? Okay, How may I help you?"
"My name is Ala."
"Hello Ala. How may I help you?"
"You have a nice voice. Are you the Secretary?"
"No."
"An engineer?"
"No. How may I help you?"
"I don't need help, I just want to talk to you, you have a nice sounding voice."

CLICK. (That's me hanging up with rather more force than necessary.)

Now, I ask you, what man honestly thinks that a woman wants to be harassed at her place of business. This is a waste of my time. As if I would respond positively to a pig like that. The only reason I stayed on the phone with him as long as I did is that it IS a place of business. Really, guys. I assure you, there's not one of us ladies that wants you to call and annoy us at work. Save it for your wife. And, if you don't have one, find one and leave the rest of us alone, because (and I say this for all of the bloggers I've met so far) we're not interested!

(Large aside here... Please don't take this to be a generalization of all Arab men. Not only am I married to one, but on the whole the ones I've met since being in Jordan are nice and generally respectful. This message is directed only at the pigs who think this behavior is acceptable.)

Happy CLICK!

6 Comments:

At 1:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pig!!
Anyways, MommaBean, just sent you an email, let me know what you think.

 
At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some women (and don't think that I'm generalizing in anyway) enjoy the added attention of someone on the phone whispering sweet nothings in thier ears

You might have not been in a position where you're easy to accept that. But many who are under a lot of emotional stress might just float away and enjoy it

Lets say that only 10% of women would respond to this guy. That means he only needs to make 10 calls to find one.

Anyway, blame it on frustrations...

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Salam, exactly! Qwaider, while women may enjoy sweet nothings, I doubt they are interested in them from a stranger. That's just annoying. El 3atal is welcome to call and whisper sweet nothings, that's why I have a husband.

Philip, you're right. I apologize to pigs everywhere, that was somewhat insulting to them :).

 
At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what we call: wahad fadi ashghal. :P

 
At 2:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm afraid men like these are international...
Philip is right, there are pretty dumb women too - it's unfortunate the bloke called on a smart one.
Ramadhan mubarak sister!

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Bakkouz, man, you know my Arabic stinks :). Teehee.

Hijabhaven, welcome. Is the proper response is Ramadan Karim (I'm really terrible with proper responses...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home