Sunday, March 02, 2008

And just like that, God steps in... I need your thoughts.

Okay, so now I'm already feeling brighter and happier. After posting my self-pity ridden post, I went out to a Moms website that I love and was poking around. I came across a blog that a woman keeps of a volunteer activity that she and her kids do. I love this! She and her kids use recycled goods (like toilet paper roles) and paint to make beautiful flowers for people. Here's their blog http://love-stems.blogspot.com/.

And now for a little history. When I was a little girl (starting around age 5 and ending around age 14), my Mom, brother and I were clowns. Not of the class clown type, but of the painted faces and big silly shoes type. We donned our outfits and visited hospitals, nursing homes, and other places where those who had little family and lots of sadness were found. I've been thinking about that alot lately and wanting to do something with the kids that they would also enjoy. This love stems idea would fit in with their love of painting and doing crafts and would also give us the chance to create something special and lasting to brighten people's lives.

So, now for the question for you guys, I'd like suggestions of places that could benefit from deliveries of these flowers. My office mate mentioned an orphanage and I think that would a natural and obvious place. Any other ideas you guys might have? I've asked the love stems family for the instructions so that I can begin looking toward making them with the Beans during our weekly art project time. I'll be less ambitious than my inspiration, but will enjoy having this to do.

Happy moodiness!

4 Comments:

At 11:22 PM , Blogger Madi said...

That would be amazing, I know some people who did the same thing in Jordan.

I believe Al-Hussein Cancer Center would be the right place, people there are so depressed and in need for love.

 
At 12:32 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ooooh, awesome idea, Jad, thanks!

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

was going to suggest the same thing as Jad, the kids there really need to be cheared up and supportednm

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks Manal, I'm glad to hear that there are common thoughts. We'll definitely look towards working with that group.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home