Saturday, September 16, 2006

Woes of a Lone Voice...

So, several months ago, I applied to Jordan Planet to become a recognized part of the Jordan blogosphere. I wanted to join the same hallowed halls as El 3atal, Jan, Bakkouz, Omernos, RamblingHal, Lina, the JoLadies, et. al. Unfortunately I haven't heard back yet :( sniff, sniff. Do they think I'm not good enough? Have they forgotten I'm here? I feel like such a lone voice calling in the anonymous blog-derness. I wonder what I should do to get in? Should I start a poll? Maybe I should take Bakkouz's approach and have a little "vote for me" button... Bakkouz, want to create a cute little jumping map of Jordan for me? Does anyone out there know what it takes?

Please, please, someone help me... Okay, enough whining. By the way, a shout out to everyone listed above, I love your blogs! Thanks for providing insight, entertainment, and commentary on the world I live in.

Happier blog-days for you...

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, they're just slow over at JP. (They're a busy bunch of people!)
I enjoy reading your posts and won't forget to check what you've posted, even if you're not on JP yet.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks Rebecca! El 3atal told me they were slow, but for him it was maybe a month, not four...

 
At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, they are pretty slow. It took me about 3-4 months after I applied. I enjoy reading your blog a lot but if it were on JP it would be easier for me to access it. Keep blogging, I'm sure they will hear your cries soon enough :)

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Moi, thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely keep blogging. What I've found is that if you're blogging for others, it's not going to last. You have to be blogging for yourself. Others reading and commenting is (as they would say in Louisiana) just a little lagniappe. Maybe I'll just try to remind the JP folks that I'm still out here, alone and unaffiliated :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home