Monday, November 20, 2006

What is Love?

So, there is a jewelry store here in Amman that claims to be the #1 sponsor of love in Jordan. I find myself asking, what do they mean? At an altheltic event, a sponsor pays money (usually giving the team freebies). So are they going to give me free jewelry? I highly doubt it. And, do they really mean to imply that diamonds equal love? Forgive me for thinking that their ads are presumptuous. Personally, I really hope that my love goes deeper than diamonds. I hope it means that I will be sticking with El 3atal during hard times, loving him when we grow old, and being together to watch our kids grow. But, maybe I don't understand love... It could be that they're right, but at what cost? I ask you, what is love?

Happy Loving!

6 Comments:

At 5:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love is the truth when we have it, a lie when we don't.
love is something when we own it, everything when we loose it.
love is a reality when we live it, a dream when we look for it.
love is a laugh when we get it, a tear when we don't.
love is a strength when we in, a weakness when we are out,

 
At 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was:
love is a strength when we are in, a weakness when we are out!

 
At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love is a word coined up by the smartest marketers if it was truly love then you won't need to ascribe it to a word, you just express it without using that bloody word
(love is 4ever, diamonds r 4eva, but emotions evolve)

 
At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is not dissapointed the lover and not fail him.

 
At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is patient
Love is kind
It does not envy
it does not boast
It is not proud,
It is not rude
it is not self-seeking
it is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices in the truth
It always protects,
always trusts
always hopes
always perseveres
Love never fails.

Not bad writing for a single guy 2,000 years ago. Speak, St. Paul!

I quite like that jewelry store, but diamonds at best only represent what is eternal and immaterial

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Well said, all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home