Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Apparently I posted a day too early...

So after complaining yesterday about traffic during Ramadan, today someone bumped into me on the way bringing the beans home from school. Fortunately, it was merely a fender bender. But the guy seemed perplexed that I insisted on getting his name and number and details. The traffic was stop and go and he decided to change lanes because the other one was moving faster. The cars in the lane in front of me stopped. I stopped as well. Unfortunately, the guy behind was paying more attention to the lane next to us than me. As a result he scraped along my back side panel.

Now, there are several things that are annoying about this. First, El 3atal is not here to deal with it. That is truly annoying. Second, the guy sees some friend of his who comes to see what happened and says, oh it's just a smudge. It's just paint, it'll come right off. You know, that may, indeed, be. But if not, what, I'm supposed to pay for it? The hayk attitude really drives me nuts. Yes, it may be as simple as a little buffing and the dealership may not charge me. but, until that's determined to be the case, you need to take responsibility for the hit... The gentleman in question, did in fact stop. After much confusion (his English was, in fact, not quite as good as my Arabic), I got his name, number, and such for El 3atal to deal with when he gets back. So, now I'm covered and won;t have El 3atal yelling at me for this man's stupidity...

So, again, I wish each of you the ability to stay in your home from sun up to sun up during this Ramadan. We're taking our lives (and cars) into our hands when we venture out. Would that I didn't have to!

Happy Bump and Rolls!

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Blogger NasEr said...

eh come on its just a small scratch , good thing no one is hurt , what are you upset about its alright ,people are fasting and not focused .baseeta baseeta .


:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD are you angry yet ? :DDDDDDDDDDDDD jk of course :) but thats what most ppl would tell you ! and seriously good thing that you're all alright .
don't think because you're a woman its any easier for guys when they have accidents ! its even more frustrating trust me .Everyone suddenly is a mechanic expert and its always "nothing but a scratch" and effff...sammet badan :D thats why i don't drive :p

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Salamtik. I agree it would be easier to stay in all day and night in Ramadan. I was out to doctor appointments yesterday midday, which I rarely do and the traffic was horrendous. It is safer at home. And there were so many sirens. Ahh. Scary.

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Naser, that was EXACTLY the attitude. But, never fear, I held to my God-given unreasonableness :). Got his name and number. We'll let him deal with El 3atal, who is certainly much scarier than I am. Oh, and it turns out that he works for the same company as one of our 3ammoBeans, so he won't be getting away, teehee.

Nicole, no doubt. It seems Ramadan is particularly not my season for driving. These days, I'm wishing the Beans took the bus!

 
At 1:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamitha the muskiin Bean Mobile!!!

LOL, I LOVE he works for 3ammobeans company!!!! LOL, NO escape!!!

Seriously, so glad you all are ok.

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Kinz, thanks. I keep saying Amman is a VERY small town...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home