Thursday, April 29, 2010

But, mommy, she INVITED me to bite her!

Yesterday, I had a unique bout of tattling and whining to face. TetaBean was visiting after having helped ButterBean with her homework bil 3arabi. Suddenly, ButterBean comes in whining that JuniorBean bit her. Hitting, totally expected, biting, not normal. So, I call JuniorBean in and express to him that he knows biting is not acceptable in our house. He explains, but Mommy, she invited me to bite her!

When asked ButterBean says "No, I didn't." Stern look from Mommy. "Okay, I did, but I didn't mean it!"

At which point, Mommy instructed ButterBean not to issue such invitations unless she expected to be taken up on them and JuniorBean not to bite, even if invited.

Only in a world of Beans...

Happy bites!

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Blogger emeraldsky30 said...

I too understand your fury at children's behavior and the uninvolved parenting behind it. i went to the park with my daughter and my son only to have two ten year old boys try to shower them with handfuls of gravel as they shouted leave, leave. i was right there and they had no fear and no parents any where around. My kids call me a tattle tale because i want kids with no supervision and no manners to be turned in. but respect has become a dirty word in this country and i am for one getting really sick of it

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Emerald, I agree that this is a bit of a problem (intentional understatement). Of course, I have no issue whatsoever parenting other people's kids. I give them direction in my stern mommy voice. It's amazing how well it works on kids that aren't even mine! And in Arabic! Teehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home