Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Been 10 Days?! Mommy and Daughter Salon Day

Where has the time gone? I mean, really. Ten days!!! Ah well, hi everyone who has yet to give up on me. Today I was planning to blog on my recent trip to the salon with the girl Beans. For a couple of months, we've been talking about the girl Beans needing trims. ButterBean has been sporting Rapunzel hair which, while lovely, had begun to frazzle about the ends. JujuBean's corkscrew curls had grown so long that they were becoming mere waves, making me sad. So, I had TetaBean set an appointment for all three of us to hit the salon together. Yep, a first ever Mommy/Daughter salon day.

Now, for any advice needed on appropriate hair personnel, I turn to Kinzi. The first gal she gave me was very good. She could take a picture and do a very nice job replicating it. Unfortunately, she moved out to Timbuktu (Jubeiha) and insisted that clients come to her. I just don't know Jubeiha well enough to manage such a feat. So, the gals who had been using her found a new fellow. And, he is just that cut above. Kinzi may have posted about him (in fact I'm certain she did). His name is Tal'aat and he is a hair genius. Yeah I know, melodramatic and all, but still...

The first time I went to him, I asked him for a hair cut that I didn't have to do anything with. Mind you, I don't mean the get-up-shower-and-blow-dry-seshwar thing. I mean nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I need an effort-free haircut. I've needed one for years (8 to be exact). And so I told him this. For three days after the haircut, I was terribly unsatisfied. I got out of the shower and grabbed a brush and dried it a tad and it ended up looking all at odds with itself. But the fourth day... ah the fourth day. Since I wasn't going anywhere, I had my bath, towel dried my hair and then did nothing. I didn't comb it, didn't dry it, nothing. And, it looked great. Yep, that's right. As long as I finger parted my hair and let it dry, it looked excellent. All the pieces went where they should. It was a thing to behold. And it was truly effort-free. So, I'm not actually being melodramatic when I say this man is a genius.

So the other day, I took the girl Beans and off we went to Tal'aat. ButterBean wanted a trim (we took off like 4 inches and no one can tell she had the back cut) and bangs (fringe for you Brits out there). JujuBean wanted whatever I did, so I had him take off like 5-6 inches and her hair is curling nicely. We also gave her bangs to help soften the hair-pulled-back looks that she usually sports. And I got my hair cut again. This time, though, I know better. I don't blow dry or even brush my hair these days - at least not until after it's fully dry. And, I couldn't be happier. So, for any of you looking for fine place with a hair genius, give Tal'aat a try. His salon is at the corner of Mecca Street and Mujama Jaber (near Donuts Factory). The number is 582-8907. Oh, and he's a normal local price rather than a super-fancy Abdoun price, teehee. Give him a try. He's got the MommaBean seal of approval!

Happy locks!

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger kinzi said...

Talaat rocks!!

so does MommaBean!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Right back at ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home