Monday, March 08, 2010

A Sweet Return to Blogging

Okay, so I've been silent for quite awhile now... It's pitiful, because it's not that I've been busy, more too lazy to come up with anything pithy or interesting to say. So, I figured this is a sweet way to return - with birthday cakes. In a hat tip to my annual cake making, here are this year's offerings. I have one more to make, but maybe it'll get its own post ;).

The Day Of Cake: This cake needed to be appropriate for a boy and a girl, so I went with an automotive theme, but added girl Polly Pockets to make it more girl-friendly.



For the birthday party (done in tandem for all 3 this year), Butterbean asked for Lola, so here she is...


Junior Bean thought pirate themed cake would be fun (and allow him to wear one of his costumes), so here's what he got (a 3D pirate map of sorts)...

And last, but not least, JujuBean wanted a similar cake to Butterbean's Dora cake last year. I managed to shore up some of the things that didn't work as well (like the bridge) and make the lake into more of a river... And, of course, because I can never find the same supplies two years in a row, I had to find new substitutions and items to use for the trees and animals...


I hope these fun little offerings have inspired you to new cake heights and welcome how-to questions for an adventurous souls who want to give them a try ;).

Happy Sweets!

5 Comments:

At 1:44 AM , Anonymous kinzi said...

Suh-weeeet! Delightful. You are a trooper to do three cakes in one go.

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger 7aki Fadi said...

loving the Lola. Pretty good job!

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to kick start your creativity! I really was missing you, so get back to posting, girlfriend!

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Yeah, yeah. Joyce, I'll try. Kinzi, it was fun. 7aki, glad you like it. I was very pleased with how well it turned out, given all of the decorative ingredients I don't have access to ;).

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger UmmAli said...

Those are so cute.
Jehan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home