Saturday, September 13, 2008

Large Family... Small Car? Creative Problem Solving Techniques - Jordan Style

El 3atal and I were driving down the street the other day and I couldn't help but grab a picture of this... Notice the rear window of the car in front of us. As you can see, the small child is lying on the rear dashboard. Nothing like instant projectiles in case of accident. But, if you have a large family and no money for a car, you could even fit one child in the rear and one in the front (think of all that glorious unused space...)

Happy rearview!

5 Comments:

At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was riding around in Egypt and saw 3 grown men riding around on a scooter. I told another American about those 3 guys and she said, "I saw a family of four on a scooter and the mother was NURSING!"

Haha

tim

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Yikes! Talk about courage (or is that plain idiocy?).

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yeah. It is worse in Egypt. The first five minutes I was in Egypt in 1992, I saw an entire family on a scooter, minimum three kids. It was a jaw dropper.

We drove our van to Syria and my lovely dh volunteered to take the cousins out to an amusement park on Eid. I was a nervous wreck. There were at least three kids in my trunk, and others sitting on the floor by the sliding door. Kids on top of kids. In my head, I was like, 'we are never driving the van to Syria again.' What can you do? I went along just to make sure nothing untoward happened, but God forbid. These things are so dangerous.

 
At 4:42 AM , Blogger Ali Dahmash said...

True, I have seen all that in Egypt but never in Jordan, but we are catching up;))
I guess poverty, ignorance are our worst enemies, right?

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Nicole, I'm with you. Seat belts all around or someone's walking :).

Ali, I would add fatalism to that list, but right nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home