Sunday, May 13, 2007

On the Occasion of Mother's Day, my beliefs as a mom

In looking at Jordan Blogs, I came across the JoLadies post about Mother's Day. For those who aren't aware, the US celebrates Mother's Day today. In fact, Thursday, I spent the evening making calls to florists in the US having flowers delivered to MimiBean and TetaBean to show our love. The video on the JoLadies blog inspired me to write about my beliefs about Motherhood. to see the video, click the link here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtzAwo1HU2w.

My beliefs as a Mother:
  1. Mothers are moved to tears often and easily because becoming a Mother brings all of your love very close to the surface.
  2. There is no better medicine for any ailment than the hug and kiss of a child.
  3. Children are a blessing to all of us, both our own and those not ours - all are our children, all are our blessing.
  4. Mother's have the hardest, yet most rewarding job in the world. There's nothing I would trade for it.
  5. A Mother's love can't be boxed up, bounded, or controlled - it simply is.
  6. Mothers work best with the support of awesome fathers.
  7. Peace on earth is only possible when Mothers are in charge, Mother's weep not only at the loss of our children, but at the loss of anyone's child.
  8. It is only through my love as a Mother that I can truly understand God's love.

Any other Moms care to join in? Kinzi, Salaam, Oula, JoLadies one and all? What are your beliefs as a mother?

Happy Mother's Day!

5 Comments:

At 1:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it really well MommaBean, I think I share all your beliefs..did you see that British girl who was kidnapped in Belgium?It's her birthday today ya haram, it is pathetic.

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger joladies said...

Actually salam the little British girl was abducted in Portugal! But the pain of those parents must be devastating, then you think of the terrible pain of all the mothers in Iraq and then you think of all the hate and horrors that are going on round the world. What can we mothers do? I do agree with you mommabean about a mother's love. I wish all of us mothers would get together and STOP all the mayhem that is going on in this world. T

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger kinzi said...

Well said MommaBean!! I don't think I have anything to add to a lovely list! I resonate with point 8 especially today, and even it's opposite in a sense: at times it is my failure to love well as a mother that I see God's love for me. Perfect, unconditional, patient, eternal.

Yes, I cried a tear over that little girl too...it is so true every child becomes your child in a sense.

I have a vivid picture of a 5 year old Palestinian girl, hair in perfect pigtails, being lifted from a stretcher. She looks to be asleep, but her life was taken.

I have several mommy-friends in Baghdad who lived here as refugees until Saddam was captured. They returned to Iraq then, with their small children, to show their children the importance of rebuilding when the chance is given them. Their girls are courageous and mature, and I have no doubt will have a role in rebuilding from the devastation.

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks Ladies and I hope you had a very lovely Mother's Day!

 
At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, Portugal, my bad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home