Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Sad Day: One I Hoped Would Not Come

So, today we saw the inside of an emergency room... While arguing over a stuffed doll with ButterBean, JuniorBean fell and hit his head on the radiator. After a not-nearly-frantic-enough call from Miss T, I rushed home through horrible traffic. When I got here, I realized that Junior Bean needed stitches. So, El 3atal walked half-way across town avoiding traffic and met us at the hospital. After time spent looking for a plastic surgeon to put in the stitches, we finally got someone to put them in. Unfortunately, the anesthesia didn't take hold nearly well enough and JuniorBean was in quite alot of pain :(. So, to help with it, Mommy sang songs with him. We started with the alphabet song (Baba's inspiration). We went on singing various songs that came to mind like the Itsy Bitsy Spider (bil Arabi, of course). And ended up with Kum Ba Ya. Poor little JuniorBean was crying pitifully (wailing really), but he was also singing along. So, there was poor waiting Junior singing Kum Ba Ya at the same time, as if it were a compulsion. It had me crying, laughing, and aching for my poor little man. But he was super brave and made it through the unpleasant adventure. All in all, the emergency room was less busy, but generally the same as in the US. So, that was a pleasant surprise. Entsha allah, Junior Bean will continue to heal nicely.

Sad Crying...

8 Comments:

At 5:11 PM , Blogger Me said...

I hope he feels better soon!!

 
At 2:44 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Thanks Summer. The irony of the whole situation is that he actually feels just fine. He was mad at me that I wouldn't let him go to school today :). And, even during the event while blood is puring everywhere, he was tattling on his sister (ButterBean did it, she pushed me). Teehee, they learn early.

 
At 3:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for precious boy bean! Parents, of course, too. I told the Kounouz and they were all sad for him (two still remember their trips for stitches)and of course, wanting to know how much blood he lost!

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Kinz, thanks for the kind thoughts of the Kounouz. Poor little things (if they'd stop being such boys...). I have to admit I'm not sure how much blood he lost, but I think it was quite a bit.

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Sam said...

aw poor little guy..i hope he is all better now...few months ago my son fell and had to get 3 stitches on his head..it was horrible..he was alot braver than i was though! i almost passed out..kids surprise u sometimes!

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

It's funny that they are much braver about it than we are :). Hope yours is doing well. JuniorBean is happy now that we let him go back to school :).

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Poor Little Fella!
Please give him a hug from us and I hope he heals soon! And please pray that the Children's Hosp in Amman opens in the extreme near future. I'm tired of my kids being dealt w/ by unsympathetic hospital staff there...

Hope to see you soon!

 
At 3:02 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Ummfarouq, Thanks. He's feeling fine these days and we get the stitches out this weekend. And Children's Hospital would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home